Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fabrequipa

On the last 21st of August, I have visited the assembly line of the Fabrequipa, located in Barreiro, where a part of the 260 Pandur II armoured vehicles ordered by Lisbon is being produced.
I was kindly received by Eng. VĂ­tor Franco who, namely, described me the process of producting these modern armoured vehicles and the contacts that have been made during the last few months to assure a significant participation of the portuguese industry in the project.

I also had the chance to see and photograph the first seven vehicles produced in Viena and Barreiro and that will be delivered to the portuguese Army in September - in 2008, the Navy will receive 20 vehicles for the marines. At the same time, a few more - in several stages of their production- were being mounted in the Barreiro. In fact, according to Steyr, 24 vehicles will be provided to the portuguese forces until the end of the year.

A portuguese Pandur II in tests in Viena. Noticed the armour plates attached to the hull (photo from Steyr/Buss).

Soon I will post photos of the visit and a few more notes.

Pedro Monteiro


Obs: I would like to express my acknowledges to Mrs. Silke Buss, in representation of Steyr, who was responsable for the organization of this visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment